Summer seems like a distant memory and Halloween is but a hopefully soon to be forgotten sugary nightmare. Now we’re in full holiday season swing and listing your home for sale is probably the farthest thing from your mind.
Here are the top 10 reasons why it should be the #1 thing in your mind:
10. Mortgage rates are still at record lows. As of this morning, the national average for a 30 year fixed mortgage was hovering around 3.25%. WOW!
9. Buyers are serious. There may be fewer buyers out there, but those are the ones we want! They are the serious and motivated buyers!
8. Buyers have time. Lots of people have time off during November and December. Sounds like a great time to have your house on the market. That extra time off might apply to you too – time to pack!
7. Less competition. Let’s face it … when you’re selling your home and your neighbor down the street lists his home for sale too, it’s a competition. Whose house is the best looking and best priced, right? The number of homes available to buy (the “inventory”) has been at it’s lowest in almost 5 years, and that inventory goes down even further during the winter months. Less inventory = less competition. That can also translate to higher sales prices. That’s a good thing!
6. Like it or not, Uncle Sam matters. In this case he matters more at the end of the year when it comes to buying a home because of the tax implications for some people. In most states (Texas included), you also have to close on the purchase of a home on December 31st to be able to claim your homestead exemption for the coming year.
5. January is all about fresh starts. Lots of people start new jobs in January and want their children to start in a new school in January (start of a new semester) so finding the right place to live during the holidays is perfect timing.
4. What about showings when I have a party or guests? No worries! When you list your home with me during the holidays, we can work showings around parties & guests. Communication is key here.
3. Shopping, shopping, shopping. Who said holiday shopping is just about malls & department stores? Some people shop for homes during the holidays! That’s often when they figure out that they either need MORE space or they decide the no longer need as much as space as they have. See #8.
2. Homes are beautiful during the holidays. Homes tastefully decorated (we’re not talking Griswold crazy here!) during the holidays show beautifully. Those decorations often evoke emotional responses in buyers that help them along that path to making a decision to buy your house.
And the Number 1 reason you should list your home during the holidays is …
1. I’m here to help! The truth is I’m always here to help, and I’m very blessed that I don’t have to travel to be with my family during the holidays. That means I’m here to help you – even during the holidays.
Now that you’ve decided now is the time to list your home, CALL me so we can get you moving towards your new home! Have a joyous holiday season!